Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Posting New Lesson Plans, Unit Studies, Favorite Books, & MORE


Free "Incomplete" Lesson Plans, Units, Book Recommendations, & Ideas

I realized over the past couple of weeks (as I'm ATTEMPTING Spring Cleaning) that I have NOTEBOOKS full of ideas, lessons that we've done, lessons that we're going to do, and other information just stacked on my bookshelf.



My goal in putting them on paper was so that I can use them in our home school lessons - I try to write all of our curriculum with the exception of Math for my 2nd grader - and also to remember them so I can eventually share them with others.

What I have realized is that whether they are completed or not - they are not helping anyone by sitting in books on my floor or bookcase.

I have waited on posting them because they are not "complete" but who am I to knwo what someone else might need. Maybe someone else is studying mammals and just needs a good lagomorph book selection or maybe someone is looking for a nice wind or rain poem.

So - for those of you who (a lot like myself) go crazy over "incomplete" plans - BEWARE lol - its probably not for you but for others who just want a glimpse or idea - I'm going to go through these notebooks over the next couple of weeks and blog and post what I have. As is for now - maybe it will strike me to finish some of them early.

So- if you are interested - I pray you can find information, books, or ideas that help you and your children in your own homeschool. It is such an enormous BLESSING to be home with my children and have the power to shape their hearts and their minds each and every day. I know those who have come before us suffered trials so that we can have this opportunity a we should not take any of it for granted. With that - I believe in helping each other and sharing the resources and ideas we have.


Prayer from the book "Bible Verses for Busy Moms" on raising children~

"Loving Creator,

I thank you for the gift of children. What joy my kids bring to my lie! At times, I feel so inadequate, so unprepared to be their mom. Father, as I care for their little odies, help me to nurture their minds and spirits, so tey grow to love you and to be shining examples of your Kingdom on Earth. Amen."

~ As homeschoolers we have such a unique and substantial opportunity to raise our children to be these "shining examples" let us not take it for granted but feel the TRUE blessing it brings each and every day no matter whether the kids are angels or its a day of struggles. The Lord is in control of it all and we are each SO blessed!

Love & Blessings!

Tiffany

No comments: